Telehealth for Groups
Telehealth sessions can accommodate group sessions with up to 7 participants. Simply schedule group telehealth sessions as you would an individual session.
Billing note: How group session minutes are calculated
|Based on number of participants|| Therapyzen counts meeting minutes based on the number of participants in a group session. Put simply, a minute is tracked for each participant during a meeting. Here are a couple of examples of how to estimate group meeting minutes used.
The following algorithm describes the calculation:
|2 Clients & 1 Clinician / 50 Minute Session||50 Minutes X 3 Participants X $0.005 = $0.75|
|4 Clients & 1 Clinician / 50 Minute Session||50 Minutes X 5 Participants X $0.005 = $1.25|
*Group meetings will use more of your monthly minutes than standard one-on-one sessions.
Scheduling a group/couples telehealth appointment
- To create a group telehealth appointment, navigate to your scheduling calendar and create a new appointment.
- Select the client group or couple you are creating the appointment for. Locate the Office Locations field in the New Appointment Form and select your telehealth virtual location.
- Enter all remaining appointment details. For super-bills or any third-party payers, you may want to select a CPT code modified for telehealth.
- Click Save to create your telehealth appointment.
Good to know:
- Each group member will receive telehealth meeting links in their email appointment reminders
- Each group member can also join the telehealth meeting by logging into their free client portal account
- Group/couples telehealth meetings are launched the same way as individual client telehealth sessions