Allow Access to Camera in Windows 10
How to allow access to camera & mic in Settings
- Open Start menu in the lower left corner of your screen and go to Settings.
3. Open the Privacy tab.
4. Scroll down to Camera and Microphone.
5. Make sure Allow access to the camera on this device is toggled on.
6. Ensure that Allow apps to access your camera is toggled on.
(If you're using a company-owned device, please ensure there are no administrative restrictions on camera or mic access)
You may have a Windows update available
- Go to "Update & Security" tab.
- Select "Check for updates".
This will ensure that Windows has the latest camera and mic driver software needed to work in your preferred browser.
You may need to select a different camera or mic input
Most Windows 10 devices have multiple outputs for the integrated camera and mic, but it may not always default to the correct one. Here's how to change it in your Chrome settings:
- Open Settings in upper right menu.
2. In the search bar, type Site settings.
3. Go to Camera or Microphone tab.
4. Select the dropdown menu, and switch between the options until you find the correct input.
If you're using a Lenovo device
- Open Start menu and search for Lenovo Vantage.
- Ensure camera and mic are toggled on.
In your browser, you can test your device here to ensure everything is working correctly. If you are still having issues restart your device. If you're still having trouble, please contact our support.