Creating Calendar Events
Adding general events to your calendar is simple. Events help you keep track of any non-appointments, but more importantly they can be used to block time on your calendar. Events will block your availability so appointments can't be scheduled during the events you have entered.
Navigate to the main scheduling calendar of TherapyZen
2. Create your calendar event
Double click the desired day to create your new event. When the New Appointment/Event form loads, select the Event radio button located at the top.
3. Enter your event details
Use the form provided to enter all of your event details. Here is a list of options for setting up your event:
- Set your begin and end date/time
- Enter the title of your new event
- Verify that the timezone is correctly set to the timezone where the event will be taking place. (Typically this will be the timezone you are in.)
- If this is an All Day Event, check this option to enter the start and end day. This is the option you would use for scheduling a multi-day vacation.
- Add some notes to your event to provide more detailed information
- Invite fellow staff members to your event. Fellow staffers will have the opportunity to accept or deny your request.
- Set the event to repeat and set parameters on how and when the event should repeat.
4. View your newly created event
Once saved, your event will now appear on the scheduling calendar. Schedulers in your practice will know not to schedule appointments during these dates and any availability slots that you have setup for those dates and times will not appear in the client portal.